Indoor air quality and indoor pollution
qualità dell'aria interna
Wellbeing also means air quality: clean, fresh, rich in oxygen, free from chemical pollutants dangerous to human health.
On average, people spend 90% of their lives indoors, particularly at home and at work; instead we spend only 4% of our time outdoors (source: Istituto Superiore di Sanità).
A recent research by the European Heart Journal reveals that in Europe there are about 790,000 deaths caused by pollution every year.
The belief that environments in which we live or work are safe and free from any kind of danger is totally wrong.
The effects of indoor pollution on our health
Unhealthy indoor air has negative effects both on our health and on our productivity and can cause respiratory system diseases, favor asthma, cause allergies and general malaise. The most common symptoms are: If these symptoms are recurrent, it is better to identify the cause and, if the problem is caused by indoor pollution, act to eliminate it. What are the factors that can compromise the quality of indoor air? There are many materials that contain dangerous substances and many human activities that cause indoor air pollution. negli ambienti.
Unhealthy indoor air has negative effects both on our health and on our productivity and can cause respiratory system diseases, favor asthma, cause allergies and general malaise.
The most common symptoms are:
If these symptoms are recurrent, it is better to identify the cause and, if the problem is caused by indoor pollution, act to eliminate it.
What are the factors that can compromise the quality of indoor air?
There are many materials that contain dangerous substances and many human activities that cause indoor air pollution. negli ambienti.
Main causes of indoor air pollution
- Presence of formaldehyde, contained in glues used for furniture and other furnishings
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds), common in many paints
- Radon and asbestos, present in building materials
- Printers and photocopiers, which emit toner powder and VOCs
- Benzene, contained in glues and solvents
- Detergents and deodorants, often composed of irritating and aggressive chemical ingredients
- Moisture and mold
- Particulate, also produced by vacuum cleaners without a Hepa filter
- Colonies of micro-organisms that often nest and multiply in badly cleaned and maintained air-conditioning systems
Often, air exchange with the outside is not enough, especially if you live in a city or if in the nearby there are factories and crops using volatile chemicals such as insecticides, fertilizers, herbicides, etc.
For years, Clivet's objective has been to preserve people's health and well-being by providing innovative systems that guarantee maximum indoor air quality.
Clivet systems for air quality and air renewal
Clivet range for air renewal and purification is composed of two main systems, Zephir3 and ELFOFresh2, both with thermodynamic recovery of the energy contained in the exhausted air and electronic filters active on fine dust, viruses and bacteria.
ZEPHIR³ is the innovative solution that encases the entire primary air system in a single packaged system; ideal for multiple building types in commercial sector.
• It extracts stale air and purifies outdoor air through the high efficiency electronic filters, effective against nanoparticles, PM10, bacteria and pollen.
• Active thermodynamic recovery, based on the reversible heat pump technology, exploits stale as thermal source. As it can greatly reduce primary energy consumption, even up to 50%, ZEPHIR³ increases the property value and makes it easier to access financial support.
• Built-in controls allow operation with constant supply temperature, at maximum available capacity, at high airflow.
Zephir3 can adapt to different climates and , plants and can be matched to fan coils, direct expansion and VRF systems, radiant systems and chilled beams, raising efficiency in existing buildings as well.
Air flow rate from 278 to 3900 l/s from 1000 to 14000 m3/h)
ELFOFresh2 is the innovative renewal and purification unit for consistently clean air, at the right temperature and the right level of humidity, for total wellbeing in the house.
- High efficiency summer and winter active thermodynamic heat recovery
- Reduced consumption and simplified system
- Electronic filtration for effective protection against even the most insidious pollutants (i.e. PM10, bacteria, pollen)
- Summer dehumidification
- Free-Cooling technology
Air flow rate from 70 to 500 m3/h