You are in: Residential


2015: Clivet Live is born

In order to satisfy residential comft needs, Clivet has set up a new division of professionals inspired by the principles embodied by the acronym LIVE


LIFE Environmental safeguard for our children future - INNOVATION Passion and curiosity to guide innovation - VISION Technology and systems to assure comfort and efficiency - ENERGY Protagonist of the new energy era



Clivet offers solutions dedicated to different installation needs of residential buildings, improving the energy efficiency class and therefore its value. "Complete systems", simplifying the installation and granting comfort all the year round:

  • Heating

  • Cooling

  • Sanitary hot water production

  • Change of air and air purification

The single installation, using from 75 to 100% of renewable energy, made of optimized and highly industrialized devices, coordinated by a single controller, using in the most efficient way the features of every component, granting a good result in terms of reliability, efficiency and comfort.


Systems granting up to 50% primary energy savings if compared to combustion systems and the total elimination of the direct emissions of CO2 or injurious gases.


The advantage to develop integrated systems is quite big because it allows to simplify the installations by supplying only the components that are required and that can be connected each other so that the installation is simple, with a lower cost, maximising the energy saving and improving the comfort inside the ambient.


Renewable Energy use



All year round heat pump systems are not just ecofriendly solutions, but a real market need.


1 - Installation Evolution

The evolution of our sector to radiant heating and air conditioning, demands operating temperatures (on average 18-23°C in summer and 35-30°C in winter) much more suitable for heat pump systems. Heat pump systems are able to guarantee excellent efficiency and low consumption at these temperatures, while traditional boiler systems, on the other hand, suffer significant reductions in efficiency at such low heating water temperatures.



2  -  Superior Efficiency

The average seasonal COP for heat pumps can be as high as 4 for the most efficient air to water units. Assumed an energy efficiency generation in the average between 0.4 and 0.5 at European level, different country by country, it is clear to see that the performance of a heat pump, in reference to primary energy, is comparable to 180%. This means that a heat pump is superior to any combustion generator, with average primary energy consumption of 50% less than natural gas or oil combustion solutions. These energy savings are further increased in the case of heat pumps that use suitable heat sources, such as groundwater.



3 -  EC Directive

The European Commission defined the "ambient heat" contained in the air, water and ground as a renewable source in Directive 2009/28/EC of 23 April 2009 on promoting the use of energy from renewable sources, known as the RES Directive. Heat pumps use this ambient heat to generate comfort in buildings all year round.

A COP of 4 also means that only 25% of the heating/cooling energy introduced into the building comes from electric energy, while the remaining 75% comes from renewable sources.



4  - 75% to 100% Renewable Energy

If the heat pump is combined with a photovoltaic solar system able to generate an amount of electricity equivalent to 25% of the energy produced by the heat pump (for example, if we consider an average seasonal COP of 4: quite normal in Clivet systems), the climate control system now uses 100% renewable energy.



5 - Reduction in CO2 Emissions:

Heat pump systems do not use fossil fuels such as natural gas or oil. Therefore, they do not produce CO2 in the installation site. Even if we consider the equivalent CO2, generated by the energy supplier on the basis of the national performance of 0.46, the indirect CO2 emissions are, on average, around 45% lower than those of combustion systems.